Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Maybe you just suck at math...

About a week ago, I got a request for a Tarot card reading from a guy who wanted to know whether or not he had passed a big math test to qualify to become a CPA. I told him I don't like to answer YES or NO questions because that's not exactly how the cards work. I offered him a refund. He refused and insisted on the reading. I consulted the cards, and then gave him this answer: 'I really can't get a clear answer. It looks like you either just barely passed or missed it by a very slim margin. I'm sorry, that's all I've got.' He emailed me yesterday with this response: 'I just wanted you to know that you were way off on your prediction. I needed 70 points to pass and I only got 65.' My immediate thought was, Dude, 5 points is a narrow margin, which is exactly what I said. If you can't do math, perhaps a position as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is not for you. Sometimes it's so hard not to let sarcasm get the best of you!

1 comment: